Meet: 7.30am at end of Irvine Street, Phillip, past the Southern Cross Gym and Swimming Pool
Run: Curtin to Oakey Hill (6km and 10km option)
Breakfast: No. 10 Restaurant – Abode Hotel, 10 Bowes Street, Woden
- Starting at the eastern end of Irving Street, join the bike path and head north keeping the drain on your right and the houses, after crossing under the bridge of the large roundabout on Yarra Glen/Melrose Drive, on your left.
- After nearly 3 km, at the North Curtin oval, after crossing under the road (McCulloch St), skirt the oval and join a dirt path heading west.
- If you want a shorter run then turn back here and return to the start, 6km. Otherwise continue on the track which will gradually ascend and veer south.
- The houses of Curtin will be on your left still.
- At 6 km turn right down the hill and cross Launceston St. Keeping the houses of Lyons on your left head along the trail behind Lyons all the way to Hindmarsh Drive, turning left to join the bike path to Woden.
- At an underpass on your right (under Hindmarsh) take the path left behind a block of flats.
- At the next underpass go under Melrose Drive and end up on Furzer Street. Head towards the tall buildings, turn left, cross Launceston St and continue on Irvine until the starting point (10km)