If you have benefited from FIT training programs and/or coaching and would like to help out, we’d love to hear from you. FIT can’t operate our many training sessions and programs without our wonderful volunteers (everyone at FIT is a volunteer) and there are so many different opportunities to help out – details of all the volunteer roles are here and some examples are below:
- become a coach or help out at a regular session
- apply for a grant on behalf of FIT
- administer one of our rookie programs
- volunteer at a mini triathlon
- join the Committee
- edit our Newsflash
- write web content
- design a flyer for a program
- plan a FIT camp
- guide a vision impaired runner
- write an article for our newsletter
- organise Christmas drinks
- coordinate Saturday running
- meet and greet new runners
It doesn’t need to be a big commitment, we’ve got something that will suit your skills, experience and availability.
Volunteering is not just a great way to give back to the FIT community, but is also a fantastic way to learn new skills, have fun, meet wonderful, inspiring people and become one yourself.
ACT Triathlon Events are delivered as a combined delivery model between Triathlon ACT Affiliated Clubs and Triathlon ACT. As one of the affiliated clubs FIT is required to provide volunteers to assist with planning preparation and delivery of all of these events. Complete this form to nominate as a volunteer at these type of events.
More information about becoming a coach can be found on our coaches page.
For more information about volunteering more generally and ways you can help right now contact our Coaching Coordinator.