If you have benefited from FIT training programs and/or coaching and would like to help out, we’d love to hear from you. FIT can’t operate our many training sessions and programs without our wonderful volunteers (everyone at FIT is a volunteer) and there are so many different opportunities to help out. To give you an idea of the variety of volunteer roles we’ve listed just some of these below:
- become a coach or help out at a regular session
- apply for a grant on behalf of FIT
- administer one of our rookie programs
- volunteer at a mini triathlon
- join the Committee
- edit our Newsflash
- write web content
- design a flyer for a program
- plan a FIT camp
- guide a vision impaired runner
- write an article for our newsletter
- organise Christmas drinks
- coordinate Saturday running
- meet and greet new runners
It doesn’t need to be a big commitment, we’ve got something that will suit your skills, experience and availability.
Volunteering is not just a great way to give back to the FIT community, but is also a fantastic way to learn new skills, have fun, meet wonderful, inspiring people and become one yourself.
More information about becoming a coach can be found on our coaches page.
For more information about volunteering more generally and ways you can help right now contact our Coaching Coordinator.