Meet: 7.30am, at the park opposite Walt & Burley, Kingston Foreshore
Run: Circuit around east basin of Lake Burley Griffin, 10.1km
Breakfast: Walt & Burley, Kingston Foreshore
- From the meeting point, turn right through the Kingston Foreshore development along Eastlake Parade then turning left onto Eyre Street
- Towards the end of Eyre Street, take the bike path on the left into the wetlands. Follow this path around the wetlands arriving at a car park.
- Cross the car park and continue on bike path parallel to the old Dairy Flat road.
- Cross the Molonglo River and veer left onto bike path running along the north bank of the river.
- Follow this until King’s Avenue Bridge, run under the bridge and loop back up and right onto the bridge and cross the lake.
- Veer right after bridge through the underpass and back to the lake edge. Turn right and follow lake back to Bowen Park, turn right, cross Wentworth Avenue and back to Telopea Park (10.1 km).
RUN: Out and back along the base of Red Hill (11.2km)
BREAKFAST: EQ 70 Kent Street, Deakin
- Cross Kent St and head south on Kent St.
- At foot path on left (200m or so from start), turn left and enter bush area through gap in fence on your right.
- Follow dirt track which becomes more distinct as a fire trail and head up hill.
- Follow the trail, crossing Gowrie Drive, along the north-east side of Red Hill to Hindmarsh Drive for an out and back run
RUN: O’Connor Ridge to Belconnen- Out and back along the bike path through O’Connor to Hayden Drive (13.2km)
BREAKFAST: Debacle, Braddon
- Head north to Haig Park and pick up dirt track heading west.
- Cross Northborne Avenue and turn right on joining a bike path.
- At Macarthur Street, where there is a white bridge over the drain, turn left and pass a school and church on the left.
- Cross Hovea St and pass scout hall on left, cross Miller St and cross Dryandra street turning left along the bike path.
- Continue up the hill and veer left before tunnel.
- Gunghalin Drive is on your right.
- Go under tunnel and follow path to Hayden Drive turning to retrace steps (13.2km).
- For a longer run continue across Hayden Drive and follow the bike path down to Eastern Valley Way.
RUN: Mount Taylor Loop (8-10km)
BREAKFAST: Space Kitchen, Woden
- Follow footpath under Eggleston Cres and take bike path on right along Waldock.
- At top of hill turn left and pick fire trail heading south around Mt Taylor in clockwise direction (about 8km).
- For a longer run head down to Athlon Drive and back then do the return loop around Mt Taylor.
- Alternatively, on return to outbound trail retrace run back to start (10.3 km including Athlon Drive extension, hilly – slightly less (10k) if do an out and back to Athlon Drive but less hilly)
RUN: Arboretum (9.7km)
BREAKFAST: The Exchange, London Circuit, Canberra
- Head west from the gate following Forest Drive then Boundary Road, keeping fence on your left.
- Can also be done in reverse in anticlockwise direction – take Cork Plantation Road on left after entering the Arboretum.
- For a longer run do part of west basin after returning to the car park start.