Meet: Chifley Shops, Eggleston Circuit, Chifley
Run: Mount Taylor Loop
Breakfast: EQ Cafe, 70 Kent Street, Deakin
REMINDER – breakfast incorporates the FIT Annual General Meeting
- Follow footpath under Eggleston Cres and take bike path on right along Waldock.
- At top of hill turn left and pick fire trail heading south around Mt Taylor in clockwise direction (about 8km).
- For a longer run head down to Athlon Drive and back then do the return loop around Mt Taylor.
- Alternatively, on return to outbound trail retrace run back to start (10.3 km including Athlon Drive extension, hilly – slightly less (10k) if do an out and back to Athlon Drive but less hilly)
Meet: Antill Street, Hackett (at the bus stop at the top, near the last houses)
Run: Majura to Ainslie, (12km with a 14.6km option)
Breakfast: Knox Made in Watson, 1/13-15 Watson Place, Watson
- Undulating run along the base of Mt Majura and Mt Ainslie to the War Memorial.
- Head up the hill towards Mt Majura, turn right and continue past water reservoir.
- Do a dog leg left then right on reaching a car park and gravel road.
- At t-intersection turn right downhill and go past metal gate on right and large telecom tower on left.
- At fork in the road take the left uphill fork and continue past a water reservoir and ACTEW building.
- At the War Memorial turn around and retrace your steps, taking the middle fork of three just before the ACTEW building (12 km).
- For a longer run do a loop of Mt Ainslie (14.6km)
Meet: Acton Ferry Terminal, Barrine Drive, Acton
Run: Australia Museum – Haig Park (via ANU) 9.2km
Breakfast: The Exchange, London Circuit, Canberra
- Follow the bike path west and veer left onto dirt track before underpass
- Follow the dirt track around the Australia Museum and continue west on the edge of the lake.
- At Sullivan’s Creek Bridge go under the bridge and continue following the creek north through the University.
- Cross the bridge to the west bank of the creek and follow the path to Barry Drive.
- Cross Barry Drive, continue on the bike path to Haig Park (close to O’Connor shops) turn around and retrace route.
- Before the Museum veer left up and over the hill, crossing and under the underpass back to Acton Ferry Terminal
Meet: Treloar Crescent, Campbell (at rear of War Memorial)
Run: Mt Ainslie loop in reverse – Out and back hilly run along the base of Mt Ainslie in a southerly direction (10kkm)
Breakfast: Poppy’s at the War Memorial
- Cross Mt Ainslie Drive and BBQ area head on foot path up the hill.
- Turn right at second fire trail and continue around Mt Ainslie in an anticlockwise direction: veer right at three way intersection, cross Mt Ainslie Drive turning left after building.
- Continue on fairly straight undulating road and then take left bend and start to climb hill.
- Stick to the main trail turning left at bottom of long downhill and continue in a southerly direction on the flat trail.
- Take a left uphill and past water reservoir and ACTEW building (on your left).
- At tree in middle of three way intersection take a left uphill and arrive at the starting point. Turn right and back to Remembrance Park.
- The loop run is 10km or turn and retrace the route for a shorter run.
Meet: Cooleman Court car park (adjacent McDonalds), Weston Creek
Run: Weston Creek to Governor General’s – 12.6km
Breakfast: The Meeting Room, Weston Creek
- From car park head east to bike path.
- Turn left and head north on bike path parallel to Streeton Drive.
- Go under Streeton Drive and continue right/north parallel to Streeton Drive.
- At Cotter Road intersection cross Cotter road and take the bike path heading north.
- Continue on bike path under Tuggeranong Parkway, over bridge and turn right at T-intersection.
- Take underpass left and head up hill beside the Federal Golf Course until Dunrossil Drive.
- Turnaround here and retrace the run