MEET: 7.00am at Lake Ginninderra, Evelyn Parker Place, off Beissel Street, Belconnen Town Centre.
RUN: Loop of Lake Ginninderra (7.3km)
BREAKFAST: Black Pepper, 63/1 Beissel Street, Belconnen
- Head south on bike path parallel through the park on Beissel St then east along Emu Bank for short distance then left onto the lake shore.
- There will be restaurants on your right. Cross the bridge and turn left, following the bike path and keeping the lake on your left.
- At the large road bridge, run under the bridge and turn right, looping around to the top of the bridge and cross. Veer right on the other side of the bridge and right again to loop under the bridge.
- The lake will still be on your left. After BBQ/picnic area on left cross the second road bridge and veer left after the bridge.
- Bike path will lead you back to the starting point.
One circuit of the lake is 7.3 km. For a longer run do two loops