AIR QUALITY PERMITTING
IF NOT – BREAKFAST FROM 8AM
Meet: 7.00am, carpark at rear of YMCA, MacLaurin Street Chifley
Run: Chifley to Oakey Hill loop (11.4km, with 6km and 8km options)
Breakfast: A Bite to Eat, Shop 8 Chifley Place, Chifley
- Head north-east on bike path away from Chifley Shops.
- Take the underpass at Hindmarsh Dr then turn right onto path (Swan Pl.) Stay on the footpath along Chappell St and left along Melrose Dr. towards Yarra Glen.
- Cross Theodore St and join the bike path – head north keeping the drain on your right and the houses on your left. (Turn here and retrace your steps for a 6km run)
- After nearly 4 km, at the North Curtin oval, after crossing under the road (McCulloch St), skirt the oval and join a dirt path heading west.
- If you want a shorter run then turn back here and return to the start, 8km. Otherwise continue on the track which will gradually ascend and veer south.
- The houses of Curtin will be on your left still.
- At 8 km turn right down the hill and cross Devonport St. Keeping the houses of Lyons on your left head along the trail behind Lyons all the way to Hindmarsh Drive (near the Hindmarsh Dr exit of the Tuggeranong Parkway).
- Continue south through the underpass, following the bike path which veers left towards Chifley – houses on your left, trees and Parkway on your right.
- At approx. 10.5km, turn left onto Waldock St. At the end of the street, turn left onto MacFarland Cres. where you can pick up the bike path under Eggleston Cres. and back to the shops.