Depart: 7.30am – Telopea Park Car Park (east side of park, near intersection of Telopea Park Road East and Gosse Street)
Run: Telopea Park and East Basin (via Wetlands) – Circuit around East Basin of Lake Burley Griffin (10.1km)
Please note that this does not include a FIT breakfast due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- From Telopea Park head north east towards the lake, passing Bowen Park, and turn right through the Kingston Foreshore along Eastlake Parade then turning left onto Eyre Street.
- Towards the end of Eyre St take a dirt path on the left into the wetlands.
- Follow this path around the wetlands arriving at a carpark. Cross the carpark and continue on bike path parallel to the old Dairy Flat Road.
- Cross the Molonglo River and veer left onto bike path running along the north bank of the river.
- Follow this until King’s Avenue Bridge, run under the bridge and loop back up and right onto the bridge and cross the lake.
- Veer right after crossing bridge, take the underpass back to lake edge.
- Turn right and follow lake back to Bowen Park, turn right, cross Wentworth Avenue and back to Telopea Park