What is the Half Marathon Training Program?
The Half Marathon Training program is a 12 week supported training program aimed at preparing FIT members with a solid running base to complete the Australian Running Festival in April. The primary objective of the program is to deliver a training program which prepares participants to get to the start line of the event without injury.
The training program will be delivered via Basecamp (please note that access is provided to the Basecamp app on registration for the program).
Who should register?
The program is targeted to FIT Members that have previously either run 10 km or more and are currently running regularly at least three times per week. Participants are aiming to either complete their first half marathon, or are interested in competing in their subsequent half marathons.
Participants should be able to
- Complete a 10km run as a minimum requirement.
- Be able to attend the majority of training sessions throughout the 12 week period. Di Evans (lead coach) will be assisted by several accredited coaches, to enable participants to
- Register for, and participate in, the Australian Running Festival being held in April
What is the commitment?
Training sessions will include five general coached training sessions (Run days will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday), with other days used as cross training days. The program will commence on Tuesday 23 January for 12 weeks.
What equipment do I need?
Coaches will provide sessions on specifics during an information morning session as part of the program.
What is the cost?
The program costs $75 and you must be a member of FIT to register (membership info).
- Registrations are open NOW!
- Got a question not covered here? or want to register your interest? Contact us at email@example.com