SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
Saturday 25 October
Meet:Tuggeranong swimming pool car park
Run: NEW RUN – New run Centennial Trail Southside 6: Tuggeranong to Kambah Pool – From car park cross Athlon Drive and head south – you will see the Centenary Trail sign. Follow the signs for 4km – the trail goes down to the Murrumbidgee River, then detours around Tuggeranong Creek, and rejoins the river. Turn at 4km and retrace steps. The trail is well marked, there are quite a few gates to climb over, it is rocky and undulating so take care. If you have trail running shoes wear these.
Eat at 8.30: Western Basement, 45B Liardet St Weston, under the indoor cricket arena at Cooleman Court Shopping Centre (across from McDonalds)
FIT MEMBERSHIP - WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2014?
- THE FIT MEMBERSHIP YEAR ENDED ON 30 JUNE 2014. PLEASE JOIN OR REJOIN NOW TO BE A FINANCIAL MEMBER.
- IF YOU JOINED APRIL-JUNE 2014, YOUR 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE ROLLED OVER UNTIL END JUNE 2015. THESE MEMBERS STILL NEED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL TA/CT FEE AS OUTLINED BELOW (USUALLY JUST $5) TO FINALISE THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND WILL BE CONTACTED TO MAKE THESE ARRANGEMENTS OR CAN DO SO BY CALLING THE TACT OFFICE 6260 4430 OR email@example.com
- YOU CAN ATTEND 2 SESSIONS WITHOUT CHARGE TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE ABOUT -- WE'RE SURE YOU'LL LIKE IT!! - AFTER THAT PLEASE SUPPORT THE CLUB BY PAYING OUR MODEST MEMBERSHIP FEES TO KEEP COMING ALONG.
FIT MEMBERSHIP HAS CHANGED ......
- From 2014, you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies.
- NOTE: If you have previously taken out a multi-year membership that has not expired you still need to join and pay the TA/CT fee according to your choice of membership level. FIT has sent multi-year members a code to use so you don't pay the FIT membership fee again. If you don't have this please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Multi-year memberships are no longer available.
- If you do not want or are unable to join FIT using the internet please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or email@example.com.
- Please note we can no longer accept cheques for membership payment, however the TACT office on the number above can assist.
- Queries?? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 FIT AGM
and HOW TO NOMINATE TO BE ON THE NEW COMMITTEE
All members please be advised that the 2014 Females in Training (FIT) Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held as follows:
DATE: Saturday 22 November 2014
TIME: 9:00am (after Saturday running)
VENUE: EQ Café, 70 Kent Street, Deakin ACT
A provisional draft agenda is available here.
Please provide any additional agenda items to email@example.com by Saturday 8 November 2014.
The 2014 FIT committee is calling for nominations for a range of committee positions, to be elected at the AGM.
The positions carry a good degree of responsibility, with FIT a legal entity established under the Associations Incorporations Act 1991. For a copy of the rules governing FIT, and further information about the responsibilities of the committee, please see http://www.fitact.org.au/resources.
There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to keep FIT running (and swimming, and cycling and water-running). While there are often a lot of challenging issues to be researched, discussed and decided by the Committee, being a part of the committee is also a rewarding and satisfying experience and provides you with a chance to give back to the club that gives so much. It can also be fun!
Being a part of the committee enables you to have your say about the broader strategic direction of the club, to help shape its future, and to contribute to its continued success as a vibrant, social and supportive triathlon and sporting club.
A summary position description for the full range of committee positions, along with nomination forms, are available here.
Please consider nominating yourself for one of these positions, and feel free to chat to any current or previous committee members or non-committee volunteers for further information.
Please provide your completed nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday 15 November 2014.
You're also welcome to send any questions about being on the FIT Committee to email@example.com.
Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish for an apology to be noted for the AGM.
Please note there will be NO FIT regular swimming or water running sessions at Girl's Grammer on Monday nights from Monday 13th of October until the 3rd November inclussive because of Women in Triathlon Training Program (WTTP). Regular FIT swimming and water running will resume on the 10th of November. No changes to other swimming and water running sessions.
Registration for the WTTP has now closed - however FIT encourages you to participate in our very own event, the Women and Girls’ Triathlon (WAG-tri) on Sunday 30th November, and to take part in the Triathlon ACT novice series events throughout the summer. We also encourage you to consider joining FIT if you’re not already a member and to come along to our regular training sessions.
You could also consider joining our Rookie Running or Tour de Femme training Programs - you need to be a FIT member to do these programs.
Congratulations to those who've signed up and a big welcome to our new members!
For more information about the WTTP, including this year's training locations and dates, click here.
WTTP: Give yourself a great feeling by volunteering to help
Are you able to assist at any of the following WTTP training events? Just being there to support the novices and share in their achievements and excitement would be wonderful for both them and you!
Saturday 8 November: Lake Familiarisation 4 – 5.30 pm, Acton Ferry terminal – general support and kayakers required;
Saturday 15 November: WTTP Mini tri 2 – 4pm, Black Mountain Peninsular – general support and kayakers required;
Sunday 16 November: TACT Novice Race 1 (check website for details) – general support required.
Sunday 23 November: Lake Familiarisation 4 – 5.30 pm, Black Mountain Peninsular – general support and kayakers required.
Sunday 07 December, TACT Novice Race 2 (check website for details)- general support required.
Please reply to Simone stating event you can support and what assistance you can offer.
Committee Meeting Summary
Find out about the outcomes from the regular FIT Committee meetings. For more information click here.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your FIT membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to renew or join online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
For those who like to plan their runs (or should that be their breakfasts?) ahead here's the schedule of Saturday runs.
Other running stuff you need to know...
Last updated 21 October 2014