SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
Saturday 7 March 2015
Meet at 7.30am: Acton Ferry Terminal, Barrine Dr, Acton
Run: Australia Museum to Haig Park via University – Follow the bike path west and veer left onto dirt track before underpass; follow the dirt track around the Australia Museum and continue west on the edge of the lake. At Sullivan’s Creek Bridge go under the bridge and continue following the creek north through the University. Cross the bridge to the west bank of the creek and follow the path to Barry Drive. Cross Barry Drive, continue on the bike path to Haig Park (close to O’Connor shops) turn around and retrace route. Before the Museum veer left up and over the hill, crossing and under the underpass back to Acton Ferry Terminal (9.2 km)
Breakfast at 8.30am: Xchange on London, 7 London Circuit, Canberra City
SWIMMING & WATER RUNNING CHANGES
Water Running Monday 9 March @ Canberra Olympic Pool will be held @ 9am due to the public holiday.
There will be no water running and FIT swimming at Grammar Pool next Monday 9 March as it is a public holiday. It will however be held the following Monday 16 March at the usual time.
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Di Evans 0427 228 550.
road and track Skills cycle COURSE
This Course is designed and targeted for beginner coaches who assist club riders to build their riding skills and learn basic racing skills. It is a two day program combined with the AustCycle Skills Coaching Course and will be delivered by Sian Mulholland, on behalf of Cycling ACT. To be conducted on the weekend of 28-29 March 2015.
Please register you interest in this course with email@example.com by 28th February 2015.
New *TRIAL* Cycling Training Session!
We are trialling an Uncoached 6am Friday cycling group for intermediate riders with flat bar bikes. You need to have undertaken some previous group riding skills training (WTTP graduates, this means you!). A more experienced rider will ride with the group to provide guidance and advice (although this is not a coached ride). Be ready to roll out at 6am!
Rookie Running is back !!
NOTE: You must be a FIT member to join Rookie Running.
Rookie running is back by popular demand. The program starts on Monday 9th March 2015 at 6.30 pm. This year's program is designed to get you ready for the Mothers Day Classic 5km in early May.
This program is aimed at those wanting to learn to run or are returning to running after a long break. It is safe, relaxed and above all fun!
There will be 3 sessions per week, each week for 9 weeks. The total cost of the program is $10 (plus admin fee). To register and for more information click here.
WAG Tri results
The results for the 2104 Woman and Girls Triathlon can be downloaded here - Short Course
Long Course. Thanks to all participants, volunteers and supporters for helping to make it such a great event. Photos from the WAG Tri can be found via this link.
Photos taken by Felicity McLean's partner can be found at this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/129018029@N07/sets/72157647779584743/
- From 2014, in order to join FIT you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies.
- There's more information here - please take the time to read this so you understand the new approach.
- Membership for the upcoming year now goes via the Triathlon Australia website where you can complete your FIT & TA/CT membership in one easy process by clicking on the following:
Please note that you need to obtain a TA membership first through the above TA website. From there you can choose the Females in Training Club to obtain a FIT membership.
Please also note that you will be required to select one of the following options:
- a TA Adult membership if you wish to participate in triathlons
- a TA Adult non-competing/non-training membership if you just want FIT membership and do not intend to participate in any triathlons or triathlon training
- If unable to join online please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note we can no longer accept cheques for membership payment, however the TACT office on the number above can assist.
PARKING GIRLS GRAMMAR
Monday & Wednesday swimmers/water runners please note:
- Parking restrictions ('No Stopping') are now being enforced around Girls Grammar and Empire Circuit entrance to the pool at all hours. Please observe these restrictions which may mean that you will have to park further away from the pool and allow time for this. There is NO parking in the school grounds.
COMMITEE MEETING AND MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
Find out about the outcomes from the regular FIT Committee meetings. For more information click here. MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your FIT membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to renew or join online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
Last updated 3 March 2015