SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
Saturday 4 October
Meet: Bus stop at the top of Antill St near last houses in Hackett
Run: Mt Majura – Along the base of Mt Majura and Mt Ainslie to the War Memorial and return (11.8km, moderate). For a longer run do a loop of Mt Ainslie (14.6km, moderate).
Eat at 8.30: Debacle, Lonsdale Street, Braddon.
Watson, ACT, Australia
FIT MEMBERSHIP - WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2014?
- THE FIT MEMBERSHIP YEAR ENDED ON 30 JUNE 2014.
- PLEASE JOIN OR REJOIN NOW TO REMAIN A FINANCIAL MEMBER.
- IF YOU JOINED APRIL-JUNE 2014, YOUR 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE ROLLED OVER UNTIL END JUNE 2015. THESE MEMBERS STILL NEED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL TA/CT FEE AS OUTLINED BELOW (USUALLY JUST $5) TO FINALISE THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND WILL BE CONTACTED TO MAKE THESE ARRANGEMENTS OR CAN DO SO BY CALLING THE TACT OFFICE 6260 4430 OR email@example.com
- YOU CAN ATTEND 2 SESSIONS WITHOUT CHARGE TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE ABOUT -- WE'RE SURE YOU'LL LIKE IT!! - AFTER THAT PLEASE SUPPORT THE CLUB BY PAYING OUR MODEST MEMBERSHIP FEES TO KEEP COMING ALONG.
FIT MEMBERSHIP HAS CHANGED ......
- It's already three months into the new financial year -- so most people should have renewed their FIT membership by now.
- From 2014, the FIT Committee has decided that in order to join FIT you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies to the new online membership system.
- NOTE: If you have previously taken out a multi-year membership that has not expired you still need to join and pay the TA/CT fee according to your choice of membership level. FIT has now sent multi-year members a code to use so you don't pay the FIT membership fee again. If you don't have this please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Multi-year memberships are no longer available.
- If you do not want or are unable to join FIT using the internet please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or email@example.com. Please note we can no longer accept cheques for membership payment, however the TACT office on the number above can assist.
- Queries?? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is aimed at those wanting to learn to run or are returning to running after a long break. It is safe, relaxed and above all fun! You must be a member/join FIT to take part.
There will be 3 sessions per week, each week for 9 weeks. The total cost of the program is $50 (plus admin fee). More information and online rego here.
Tour de Femme Novice Racing Program
The FIT Tour de Femme Novice Racing Program is for those members who are new to the cycling racing environment and would like to develop some basic racing skills. You must be a member/join FIT to take part.
There will be 4 sessions, commencing 13 October. The total cost of the program is $40 (plus admin fee). More information and online rego here.
Please note there will be NO FIT regular swimming or water running sessions at Girl's Grammer on Monday nights from Monday 13th of October until the 3rd November inclussive because of Women in Triathlon Training Program (WTTP). Regular FIT swimming and water running will resume on the 10th of November. No changes to other swimming and water running sessions.
Registration for the WTTP has now closed as the program is full for this year. This does not prevent you from completing your first triathlon and FIT encourages you to participate in our very own event, the Women and Girls’ Triathlon (WAG-tri) on Sunday 30th November, and to take part in the Triathlon ACT novice series events throughout the summer. We also encourage you to consider joining FIT if you’re not already a member, and to come along to our regular training sessions. You could also consider joining our Rookie Running or Tour de Femme training Programs.
Congratulations to those who've signed up and a big welcome to our new members!
For more information about the WTTP, including this year's training locations and dates, click here.
Committee Meeting Summary
This page has been added so that members can find out about the outcomes from Committee meetings. For more information click here.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your FIT membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to renew or join online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
For those who like to plan their runs (or should that be their breakfasts?) ahead here's the schedule of Saturday runs.
Other running stuff you need to know...
Last updated 1 October 2014