SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
6 September 2014
MEET AT: Black Mountain Peninsula, car park on Garry Owen Drive, Acton
RUN: Black Mountain Peninsula – Run along bike path to Scrivener Dam and back (8km, easy); for a longer run continue to do an anticlockwise loop of the West Basin (15.2km, easy)
EAT AT 8.30am: Xchange on London, 7 London Circuit, Canberra City
Check the newsflash for the final details for each of the new runs.
FIT's 630am coached cycling sessions resume this week (Friday 5 September), meeting in the West Block carpark in the parliamentary triangle.
FIT MEMBERSHIP - WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2014?
- THE FIT MEMBERSHIP YEAR ENDED ON 30 JUNE 2014.
- PLEASE JOIN OR REJOIN NOW TO REMAIN A FINANCIAL MEMBER.
- IF YOU JOINED APRIL-JUNE 2014 YOUR 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE ROLLED OVER UNTIL END JUNE 2015 - THESE MEMBERS WILL STILL NEED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL TA/CT FEE AS OUTLINED BELOW (USUALLY JUST $5) TO FINALISE THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND WILL BE CONTACTED TO MAKE THESE ARRANGEMENTS OR CAN DO SO BY CALLING THE TACT OFFICE 6260 4430 OR email@example.com
- YOU CAN ATTEND 2 SESSIONS WITHOUT CHARGE TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE ABOUT -- WE'RE SURE YOU'LL LIKE IT!! - AFTER THAT PLEASE SUPPORT THE CLUB BY PAYING OUR MODEST MEMBERSHIP FEES TO KEEP COMING ALONG.
FIT MEMBERSHIP IS CHANGING ......
- It's a new financial year -- so that means it's also time to renew your FIT membership -- much more fun than your tax return!
- The FIT Committee has been working for several months to develop a new approach to membership. We want to make sure we can keep offering you the running, cycling, swimming and water running activities everyone values so much - not to mention the breakfasts, celebrations and training support that are such an important part of FIT!
- The Committee has decided that in order to join FIT you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies to the new online membership system.
- There's more information here - please take the time to read this so you understand the new approach.
- Membership for the upcoming year now goes via the Triathlon Australia website where you can complete your FIT & TA/CT membership in a single easy process: http://triathlon.org.au/Membership/Annual_Membership.htm
- NOTE: If you have previously taken out a multi-year membership that has not expired you still need to join and pay the TA/CT fee according to your choice of membership level. FIT has now sent multi-year members a code to use so you don't pay the FIT membership fee again. If you don't have this please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Multi-year memberships will no longer be available.
- If you do not want or are unable to join FIT using the internet please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or email@example.com.
- The Committee has been working to address a number of glitches that have occurred as we change to the new system --- we appreciate your understanding as we implement what we believe is the best solution for the club as a whole.
- Queries?? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there will be NO FIT Regular Swimming sessions on Monday 8th and 15th September at Girls Grammar because of Rookie Swimming however Water Running WILL continue on those nights.
Women and Girls Triathlon (WAG-Tri) 2014
The WAG-Tri 2014 will be held on Sunday 30th November 2014. More information about the WAG-Tri is available here.
WTTP Women's Triathlon Training Program 2014
Registration for the popular WTTP is open now and closes when the program is full or on the 8th of October 2014. Numbers are capped to 40 participants.
The WTTP is a novice triathlon program for women wanting to participate in their first triathlon. This program is coached by experienced and qualified coaches, with a structured seven week training program designed to prepare you for the Triathlon ACT Novice Triathlon series, and FITs own Women, and the Girls Triathlon (WAG-tri) on Sunday 30 November 2014.
You don't need a wizz-bang bike, fancy gear or be able to swim, cycle and run. We will equip you with everything you need to know, including information about technique, nutrition, transition and triathlon gear.
So have a go! Challenge yourself! Set a new goal! Tick off the bucket list! Make new friends! Achieve things you’d never dreamt of being able to do, and have fun!
Information night: Thursday 18 September, Griffin Centre, Genge St Civic, 6.30 -7.30pm
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to do online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
Last updated 1 September 2014