SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
Saturday 24 January 2015
Meet at 7.30am: Lake Ginninderra Water Police, Beissel Stree
Run: Lake Ginninderra – Loop of Lake Ginninderra or out and back along bike path. For a longer run do two loops (one loop is 7.2 km, easy).
Breakfast at 8.30am: Black Pepper Café, 63/1 Beissel Street, Belconnen
WAG Tri results
The results for the 2104 Woman and Girls Triathlon can be downloaded here - Short Course
Long Course. Thanks to all participants, volunteers and supporters for helping to make it such a great event. Photos from the WAG Tri can be found via this link.
Photos taken by Felicity McLean's partner can be found at this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/129018029@N07/sets/72157647779584743/
FIT Canberra Half Marathon Program starting 13 January
The three-month FIT Canberra Half Marathon Program starts 13 January working towards the Canberra Half marathon on April 12.
Register here to join the group and to receive the training program and regular email updates and information on group activities.
- From 2014, in order to join FIT you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies.
- There's more information here - please take the time to read this so you understand the new approach.
- Membership for the upcoming year now goes via the Triathlon Australia website where you can complete your FIT & TA/CT membership in one easy process by clicking on the following:
Please note that you need to obtain a TA membership first through the above TA website. From there you can choose the Females in Training Club to obtain a FIT membership.
Please also note that you will be required to select one of the following options:
- a TA Adult membership if you wish to participate in triathlons
- a TA Adult non-competing/non-training membership if you just want FIT membership and do not intend to participate in any triathlons or triathlon training
- If unable to join online please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or email@example.com.
- Please note we can no longer accept cheques for membership payment, however the TACT office on the number above can assist.
PARKING GIRLS GRAMMAR
Monday & Wednesday swimmers/water runners please note:
- Parking restrictions ('No Stopping') are now being enforced around Girls Grammar and Empire Circuit entrance to the pool at all hours. Please observe these restrictions which may mean that you will have to park further away from the pool and allow time for this. There is NO parking in the school grounds.
COMMITEE MEETING AND MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
Find out about the outcomes from the regular FIT Committee meetings. For more information click here. MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your FIT membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to renew or join online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
Last updated 19 January 2015