Women and Girls Triathlon (WAG-Tri) 2014
The WAG-Tri 2014 will be held on Sunday 30th November 2014. Information about the WAG-Tri including course maps, course descriptions, entry fees and event timing is available here.
Late registration – on Saturday 29th November – (2pm to 4pm at Black Mountain)
No on the day entries are available.
Please note that should it be necessary to withdraw from the event, a refund can be claimed provided that withdrawal is notified to the event organisers prior 4.00pm, Saturday 29 November 2014. There is a non-refundable component of $20 to meet administration overheads.
SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
Saturday: 29 November
Meet: Kambah Pool Car park – take left turn at end of Kambah Pool Road
Run: NEW RUN –Centennial Trail Southside 7: Kambah Pool to Pine Island
From car park cross Kambah Pool Road and look for the Centenary Trail sign at the trail head - follow the signs in a south easterly direction for 4km – the trail follows the Murrumbidgee River which should be on your right heading out, and left heading back. At 2km out it is worth taking the side track to look at Red Rocks Gorge on the Murrumbidgee River. Turn at 4km and retrace steps. The trail is well marked, there are quite a few gates to climb over, it is rocky and undulating so take care. If you have trail running shoes wear these.
Eat at 8.30: Western Basement 45B Liardet St Weston, under the indoor cricket arena at Cooleman Court Shopping Centre (across from McDonalds)
FRIDAY and SUNDAY RIDES
NOTE: From Friday 5 December 2014 the Friday ride will revert to the summer starting time of 8.30am. Meet at Weston tennis courts, Dillon Close, Weston and ride for apprxomately 35 -50km at a steady pace.
From Sunday 7 December 2014 the Sunday ride will revert to the summer starting time of 7.30am. Meet at Debacle. New riders welcome on these rides (WTTP graduates, this means you!).
FIT MEMBERSHIP - WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2014?
- THE FIT MEMBERSHIP YEAR ENDED ON 30 JUNE 2014. PLEASE JOIN OR REJOIN NOW TO BE A FINANCIAL MEMBER.
- IF YOU JOINED APRIL-JUNE 2014, YOUR 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE ROLLED OVER UNTIL END JUNE 2015. THESE MEMBERS STILL NEED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL TA/CT FEE AS OUTLINED BELOW (USUALLY JUST $5) TO FINALISE THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND WILL BE CONTACTED TO MAKE THESE ARRANGEMENTS OR CAN DO SO BY CALLING THE TACT OFFICE 6260 4430 OR email@example.com
- YOU CAN ATTEND 2 SESSIONS WITHOUT CHARGE TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE ABOUT -- WE'RE SURE YOU'LL LIKE IT!! - AFTER THAT PLEASE SUPPORT THE CLUB BY PAYING OUR MODEST MEMBERSHIP FEES TO KEEP COMING ALONG.
FIT MEMBERSHIP HAS CHANGED ......
- From 2014, you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies.
- There's more information here - please take the time to read this so you understand the new approach.
- Membership for the upcoming year now goes via the Triathlon Australia website where you can complete your FIT & TA/CT membership in one easy process by clicking on the following:
- NOTE: If you have previously taken out a multi-year membership that has not expired you still need to join and pay the TA/CT fee according to your choice of membership level. FIT has sent multi-year members a code to use so you don't pay the FIT membership fee again. If you don't have this please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Multi-year memberships are no longer available.
- If you do not want or are unable to join FIT using the internet please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or email@example.com.
- Please note we can no longer accept cheques for membership payment, however the TACT office on the number above can assist.
- Queries?? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PARKING GIRLS GRAMMAR
Parking restrictions (No Stopping) are now being enforced around Girls Grammar and Empire Circuit entrance to the Pool at all hours. Please observe these restrictions which may mean that you will have to park further away from the pool and allow time for this. There is NO parking in the school grounds.
FIT XMAS PARTY
The FIT Xmas party will be held in the outside area of Hotel Realm, National Cct, Barton at 5pm on 30th November – after the WAG Tri!
Finger Food (pizzas, spring rolls etc) will be supplied and you can buy your own drinks at the Bar. Partners are welcome.
The annual FIT awards, including Volunteer of the Year, will be announced.
Please RSVP as soon as possible to Amanda.
Give yourself a great feeling by volunteering to help
Are you able to assist at any of the following events? Just being there to support the novices and share in their achievements and excitement would be wonderful for both them and you!
Sunday 30 November: WAG Tri - check website for details.
Sunday 07 December, TACT Novice Race 2 (check website for details)- general support required.
Please reply to Simone or Amanda stating event you can support and what assistance you can offer.
COMMITEE MEETING SUMMARY
Find out about the outcomes from the regular FIT Committee meetings. For more information click here. MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your FIT membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to renew or join online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
For those who like to plan their runs (or should that be their breakfasts?) ahead here's the schedule of Saturday runs.
Other running stuff you need to know...
Last updated 28 November 2014