SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
26 July 2014
MEET AT: Mugga Lane Quarry Road - park at the animal hospital on Mugga Lane about 500m short of the start
RUN: NEW RUN – Centenary Trail Southside 3 – Run #30 – Mugga Mugga to Isaacs
From Mugga Lane walk up road to quarry to trail head on left side, heading north west and downhill. After 1.3km the trail swings SW and the suburb of O’Malley is on your right. After 500m the trail turns south, climb track for 250m which becomes a fire trail through the Isaacs pine forest. Follow the trail keeping close to the houses in Isaacs and join old bitumen road parallel to Long Gully Lane. Stop and turn at tunnel under Long Gully Lane for the return trip.
EAT AT 8.30am: Kingston. No Café has booked - there are a number to pick from. Please include any new runners.
Check the newsflash for the final details for each of the new runs.
FIT MEMBERSHIP - WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2014?
- It's almost the new financial year so that means it's also time to renew your FIT membership -- much more fun than your tax return!
- The FIT Committee has been working for several months to develop a new approach to membership. We want to make sure we can keep offering you the running, cycling, swimming and water running activities everyone values so much - not to mention the breakfasts, celebrations and training support that are such an important part of FIT!
- The Committee has decided that from now on in order to join FIT you'll also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover this as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies to the new online membership system.
- There's more information here - please take the time to read this so you understand the new approach.
- Membership for the upcoming year is now available -- the sign-up system now goes via the Triathlon Australia website to complete your FIT & TA/CT membership in a single easy process: http://triathlon.org.au/Membership/Annual_Membership.htm.
- NOTE: If you have previously taken out a multi-year membership that has not expired you still need to join and pay the TA/CT fee according to your choice of membership level. FIT has now sent multi-year members a code to use so you don't pay the FIT membership fee again. If you don't have this please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Multi-year memberships will no longer be available.
- If you do not want or are unable to join FIT using the internet please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or email@example.com.
- The Committee has been working to address a number of glitches that have occurred as we change to the new system --- we appreciate your understanding as we implement what we believe is the best solution for the club as a whole.
For information about FIT's City to Surf Training Program
Upcoming Development Coaching Course
Date: 30-31 August 2014
Venue: Kaleen High for classroom work, Pool – either AIS or CISAC
Cost: $330 (to be confirmed)
Contact Minerva Lam for details.
Winter Cycling - Indoor Spin Sessions
A reminder that winter cycling spin sessions are continuing - you warm up a lot quicker inside! -
on Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Location Wednesday: Lancester Hall, Wesley Uniting Church, Forrest. (National Circuit, behind Rydges Hotel on Canberra Avenue.)
Location Friday: Bike Shed,14 Hindmarsh Dr, Phillip ACT 2606
Time: 6.15am to 7.15am. Door opens at 6am to set up.
Requirements: Your bike, rollers/trainers, and 2 towels, one to place the rollers/trainers on (no sweat or scratches on the floor) and another for you to wipe yourself down.
Cost: $10.00 per session.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your membershjp fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to do online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
Page updated 20 July 2014