FRIDAY CYCLING PROGRAMME - MARCH - MAY 2013
Cycling is an enjoyable way to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle and a wonderful way to meet like-minded women. FIT is committed to helping women equip themselves with the necessary knowledge and skills to become safe and confident riders. Whether your goal is to ride safely on a bike path or ride confidently on the road with a group, or to achieve event level fitness and skills, we are here to help you achieve your desired level.
We have a variety of activities for our cycling members to participate in, however we encourage all new riders to FIT to begin by attending our flagship weekly session where qualified coaches will meet the needs of all levels of riders from the very beginner through to the experienced rider who wishes to brush up on their skills. This is held on:
Friday, 6.30am -7.30am at Westblock Carpark, Parkes
Change to start time for Sunday Cycling
Sunday cycling has moved to its winter time of an 8.30am start from Debacle. Please note this is different from other years, as it is half an hour later. An 8.30am start gives the weather that little bit of extra time to warm up.
COTTER ROAD CONDITIONS
ACTEW Water has advised that from Monday 6 May 2013 there will be a temporary increase in the number of semi-trailers moving along Cotter Road as part of the program to dismantle the tower cranes associated with the construction of the Cotter Dam. These vehicle movements are expected to continue for up to two weeks. Please exercise additional caution when cycling on Cotter and Paddy's River Road during this time.
SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
START TIME: 7.30AM
Saturday training runs are uncoached and meet at a different location around Canberra each week. There's a set route you can use, though many members do a longer or shorter (or different!) run depending on their current training program. New members are especially welcome to come along to this popular activity and do whatever distance you are able to (there are usually some walkers, too) -- and please join us for a long, loud breakfast at the designated cafe afterwards!
25 May 2013
Meet at: Chifley shops, Eggleston Cres, Chifley
Run: Mt Taylor loop (10km incl Athlon Drive extension, hilly)
Eat at: Cafe EQ, Kent Street, Deakin
TUESDAY TRAINING PROGRAM (CITY TO SURF 2013)
The X-FIT shop is FIT's recycling initiative offering preloved triathlon/sporting gear at low prices.
- There are currently some great bike related items (helmets, shoes, tri bars, spare parts) now in the shop, including a bike travel case (with wheels) available for rent for those times when you want to take your bike on the plane.
- Also, some great near-new cycling tops, as well as FIT branded gear.
- All proceeds go to FITABILITY.
- For more info email Lorraine.email@example.com, 0448982556 (leave a message).
All members should have received a copy of the latest Newsflash. We hope you like the new format.
MEMBER SURVEY RESULTS
Members will recall a survey FIT conducted late last year to find out more about your participation in FIT, what you've gained from being a member and what you'd like FIT to do in the future.
- Here are the results -- the committee is considering how to implement some of these and will soon be asking for volunteers to assist with specific issues. In the meantime, if you see an idea in here that you'd like to volunteer for - or have other ideas - the committee would really welcome that too - please contact the President, Jane or Vice President, Amanda.
PLEASE ALSO READ THESE IMPORTANT MESSAGES ABOUT SATURDAY BREAKFAST FROM THE SATURDAY RUNNING COORDINATOR.
For those who like to plan their runs (or should that be their breakfasts?) ahead here's the schedule of Saturday runs.
Page updated 18 May 2013