SATURDAY RUN REMINDER
7am for a longer run
7.30am for a medium/shorter run/walk
FIT members of all levels are welcome at the Saturday run held at a different location each week. The shorter run/walk starts at 7.30am, with a 7am start at the same location for those who want a longer run. New members, including walkers, will be matched to those of similar ability where possible and should attend the 7.30am start. This is a non-coached event. Please join us for our usual long, loud breakfast after the run, which is scheduled from 8.30am.
13 September 2014
SATURDAY RUN - NEW RUN!
Meet: 7:30am at Dryandra Street - heading north just after roundabout on Fairfax St/ Belconnen Way. Follow bike path south to start point.
Run: Start on Kundera St and follow west then take the first trail to the right before the caravan park. Run up the trail to the T-junction and turn left onto Bruce pipeline track and follow trail almost to Belconnen Way. Turn right up a short, step track (Bruce 2) & then right again on to the Bruce Ridge track. Follow this track almost to Gingahlin Dr then turn right and follow the North Bruce track until it crosses the bike path. Take the left track and continue left around a small dam. Before Ginninderra Dr, veer right and take the 2nd track on the right. When you get to the bike path, turn left to get back to the start (6.2km hilly).
Longer run: Cross Belconnen Way/Fairfax St at roundabout and pick up the Centenary Trail running parallel to Dryandra St. Run back along Dryandra St, or go under the underpass on Firth Rd and up the dirt track on the right towards Black Mountain. Follow the path up to the Powerline Track. Turn right and follow the track to Belconnen Way/ Fairfax St. Cross The road and turn right toward the caravan park (approx 3.2km extra).
Breakfast: Debacle, Lonsdale St, Braddon
Check the newsflash for the final details for each of the new runs.
FRIDAY MORNING COACHED CYCLING
FIT's Friday 6.30am coached cycling sessions for beginners to intermediate cyclists resume on Friday 5 September, meeting in the West Block carpark in the Parliamentary triangle. Click above for more info.
FIT MEMBERSHIP - WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2014?
- THE FIT MEMBERSHIP YEAR ENDED ON 30 JUNE 2014.
- PLEASE JOIN OR REJOIN NOW TO REMAIN A FINANCIAL MEMBER.
- IF YOU JOINED APRIL-JUNE 2014, YOUR 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE ROLLED OVER UNTIL END JUNE 2015. THESE MEMBERS STILL NEED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL TA/CT FEE AS OUTLINED BELOW (USUALLY JUST $5) TO FINALISE THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND WILL BE CONTACTED TO MAKE THESE ARRANGEMENTS OR CAN DO SO BY CALLING THE TACT OFFICE 6260 4430 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOU CAN ATTEND 2 SESSIONS WITHOUT CHARGE TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE ABOUT -- WE'RE SURE YOU'LL LIKE IT!! - AFTER THAT PLEASE SUPPORT THE CLUB BY PAYING OUR MODEST MEMBERSHIP FEES TO KEEP COMING ALONG.
FIT MEMBERSHIP HAS CHANGED ......
- It's already two months into the new financial year -- so most people should have renewed their FIT membership by now.
- From 2014, the FIT Committee has decided that in order to join FIT you'll now also need to become a member of our sport's peak representative body Triathlon Australia (TA) and its local arm Triathlon ACT (TACT).
- One of the benefits of this affiliation will be to increase insurance cover for FIT and its volunteers.
- For most members this will mean a small increase of $5 in annual fees to cover TA/CT membership, as well as FIT annual membership fees which will remain the same for 2014-15:
- $45 for renewing members
- $50 for new members.
A small additional processing fee also applies to the new online membership system.
- There's more information here - please take the time to read this so you understand the new approach.
- Membership for the upcoming year now goes via the Triathlon Australia website where you can complete your FIT & TA/CT membership in a single easy process: http://triathlon.org.au/Membership/Annual_Membership.htm
- NOTE: If you have previously taken out a multi-year membership that has not expired you still need to join and pay the TA/CT fee according to your choice of membership level. FIT has now sent multi-year members a code to use so you don't pay the FIT membership fee again. If you don't have this please email email@example.com . Multi-year memberships are no longer available.
- If you do not want or are unable to join FIT using the internet please call the TACT office for assistance on 6260 4430 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we can no longer accept cheques for membership payment, however the TACT office on the number above can assist.
- Queries?? Please email email@example.com
Please note there will be NO FIT regular swimming sessions on Monday 8th and 15th September at Girls Grammar because of Rookie Swimming, however water running WILL continue on those nights.
Women and Girls Triathlon (WAG-Tri) 2014
The WAG-Tri 2014 will be held on Sunday 30th November 2014. More information about the WAG-Tri is available here.
WTTP -- Women's Triathlon Training Program 2014
Registration for the popular WTTP is open now and closes when the program is full or on the 8th of October 2014. Numbers are capped to 40 participants.
The WTTP is a novice triathlon program for women wanting to participate in their first triathlon. This program is coached by experienced and qualified coaches, with a structured seven week training program designed to prepare you for the Triathlon ACT Novice Triathlon series, and FIT's own Women, and the Girls Triathlon (WAG-tri) on Sunday 30 November 2014.
You don't need a wizz-bang bike, fancy gear or be able to swim, cycle and run. We will equip you with everything you need to know, including information about technique, nutrition, transition and triathlon gear.
So have a go! Challenge yourself! Set a new goal! Tick off the bucket list! Make new friends! Achieve things you’d never dreamt of being able to do, and have fun!
Information night: Thursday 18 September, Griffin Centre, Genge St Civic, 6.30 -7.30pm
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL REMINDER
- If you're not getting the weekly Newsflash or think it's been a while since you paid your FIT membership fees -- your membership may have expired.
- Please see the important information above about membership from July 2014 -- it's easy to renew or join online, then you'll be set for another year.
- FIT relies on its modest membership fees to keep the club going so please make sure you are a financial member at all times.
Last updated 11 September 2014